At a Full Council meeting held on 4th November 2020, Councillors agreed to a proposal to support Leeds City Council’s climate emergency and set out steps it intends to take to reduce the impact of climate change.
Morley Town Council proposes to reduce its carbon footprint by taking steps to:-
1. Establish the extent of the existing carbon footprint.
2. Increase tree planing to assist in carbon capture and retention.
3. Encouraging the use of green energy.
4. Encouraging reuse and recycling as ways of reducing use of finite raw materials.
5. Explore possibilites for increasing opportunites for car share.
6. Explore possibilities for active travel within the council area.
7. Explore possibilities for increasing levels on insulation in houses, either new build or existing by working with the city council.
Last modified: 01/12/2020